We are seeking a People Operations Generalist to join our growing People Operations team. You will help to create and implement People Ops initiatives to foster a culture of transparency, feedback and high-performance. Our team’s goal is to ensure our people have the tools, processes and support they need to be successful and happy, which will enable us to reach our business goals. This is a broad role covering payroll, benefits administration, compliance, HRIS, as well as initiatives around performance management, compensation, engagement and culture.
This role will report to the Director of People Operations.
- Assist in the implementation and administration of People Ops systems and tools
- Process payroll and ensure tax and other payroll compliance
- Onboarding new employees, ensuring proper HRIS set up and processing I-9s and eVerify
- Collaborate with the Director of People Operations to deliver companywide programs and initiatives
- Administer our benefit plans working closely with our broker and providers to ensure proper enrollment, resolve issues and answer employee questions
- Maintain and update the employee handbook and continually evaluate policies
- Manage leaves of absence, EEO and other reporting and compliance audits
- Maintain and ensure data integrity of employee files and compliances with document retention best practices
- Act as the first point of contact for employees and work with the Director of People Operations to handle employee relations issues
- Organized, accountable, and action-oriented
- Process-oriented but able to think outside of the box to find creative solutions
- A strong communicator and collaborator
- Highly analytical with the ability to analyze data and communicate findings in a concise, clear manner
- Comfortable switching context quickly and developing relationships across the business
- 3+ years of People Operations experience; ideally a high growth organization
- Strong knowledge of HR compliance
- Experience with HRIS administration and payroll
- Bachelor’s Degree
What we’re building:
Greenlight helps parents raise financially-smart kids with a debit card for kids that parents manage by app. The new way for parents to give money and pay allowances to their children, Greenlight is safer, easier, and more flexible than using cash. Parents can choose the exact stores where their kids can spend and how much money they can spend. With these safeguards and supervision, kids learn to make their own financial decisions. Parents can encourage saving by setting an interest rate--paid by the parent--that is well-above any they would find at a bank. Kids learn about compound interest from seeing their own savings grow meaningfully. To-date, kids have saved over $6M with Greenlight.
Who we are:
Picked from over 4000 companies for CB Insights’ Fintech 250, Greenlight is a high-growth start-up with a purpose-driven product that families love. Started by serial founders and backed by leading investors, including TTV Capital, Relay Ventures, NEA, Amazon, Ally Financial, SunTrust Bank, and Synchrony Financial. Greenlight is built by alumni of Facebook, Twitter, Amazon, Hulu, Yahoo!, Cardlytics, and Square.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, of any classification protected by federal state or local law.