Greenlight's mission is to help parents raise financially smart kids. We offer a debit card for kids and a mobile app that empowers parents with convenient card controls and flexibility to create teachable moments around earning, spending, saving, and giving.
About the Role
We are looking for a highly motivated, creative, and passionate User Researcher to work with our team to deliver best-in-class, innovative family finance solutions for our customers. This role will focus on understanding the motivations, needs, and behaviors of both our parents and their kids.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone passionate about developing a deep understanding of users by owning the range of research needs we have—surveys, interviews, UX testing, and persona development.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, enjoy setting ambitious research goals, and deliver actionable research findings by knowing what questions to ask, where to probe, and how to implement the most effective research strategies.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will...
Independently execute multi-phased research projects end-to-end, including recruiting users, writing screeners and scripts, moderating user interviews, analyzing and synthesizing findings, and making actionable recommendations to the team.
Plan & Prepare:
- Define success metrics, goals and testable hypotheses, then plan research activities based on those definitions.
- Recruit target users, create screeners and moderator guides, design surveys, and use online tools to create and launch various research studies.
- Build our repository of research insights and artifacts that fuel improvements to our product features and ignite new ones.
Deliver and Execute:
- Launch surveys and conduct unbiased interviews and usability sessions with customers.
- Analyze resulting data and create actionable deliverables so that teams can move forward with a clear path to solve customer needs.
Collaborate and Communicate:
- Be a champion of research and help encourage and inspire a culture of user-centered decision making around the organization.
- Work with design, product and engineering partners to identify, empathize, and prioritize user problems and business needs to research.
- Present insights via clear and compelling narratives about our customers’ needs, attitudes, aspirations, expectations, obstacles, and motivations.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Human-Computer Interaction or a related field. Advanced degree in a related field is a plus.
- You have 5+ years of experience with a variety of research methods and frameworks including but not limited to: user interviews and surveys, contextual inquiry, ethnography, Jobs-to-Be-Done, personas, journey maps, moderated and unmoderated usability testing. You know what approaches work and which don’t.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have experience conducting all aspects of the user research lifecycle (study design, recruitment, moderation, analysis, reporting, communicating, budgeting research).
- You are a self-motivated independent thinker, able to work autonomously with minimal direction while delivering high-quality recommendations and meeting deadlines.
- You are a great storyteller.
Greenlight is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, of any classification protected by federal state or local law.